Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Advent Book Basket - Repost

This is always such a hit in our home, that I wanted to be sure to mention it to y'all again this year....


This is a great idea I picked up several years ago. 

Start with 25 Christmas/Winter themed Books.  (You'll be surprised how many you actually have!!!)
(Half Price Books is a great place to pick up some inexpensive Christmas books to fill in your collection.)

Let your child (or children) open one a day until Christmas! 
We've accumulated so many that each of my boys can open a book each day!
They enjoy seeing favorite books from years past and discovering new ones I've added to the collection.

When Christmas is over, I use the left over gift wrapping scraps to wrap the books for the following Christmas. ***(It is SO nice to have at least ONE thing ready to go!!)***

I also keep my daily advent activity book in the basket...that's just so I can easily find it among the rest of the chaos going on! 
My sincerest wishes to each of you for a joyful and blessed Christmas season.

Smiles!!!

May be linking to some of my dear bloggy friends parties found =>

3 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

What a great idea! I will have to share this with my niece as she has two little ones that could really appreciate something like this.

The Partiologist said...

What a great idea! My grown kids love to read!

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

This is a GREAT idea. Thanks for re-posting this one. I love the part about wrapping them up with the leftover paper - one less thing to do at the beginning of the season!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails